This is based off of this recipe from Allrecipes.com. It is not vegan, low cal or gluten free. It is delicious. I used 1.5 x this recipe for the crust - no rolling.
- 2 8 inch pie shells
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 63% cacao chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Heat sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small sauce pan until sugar is dissolved, stirring to prevent burning. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- Beat eggs, add bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Distribute pecans evenly between the two shells.
- Stir chocolate chips into warm corn syrup mixture until they melt. Whisk in egg mixture. Pour half of mixture into each shell.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until filling has set. Cool on rack. Serve warm or chilled.