- 1 cup butter
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips (divided)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- Melt butter and 6 oz. chips in large bowl in microwave. (Don't let the chips burn. Stir once butter melts.)
- Meanwhile, grease a 9 x 13 inch pan, and preheat oven to 350.
- Stir chocolate butter mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon until just combined. Stir in vanilla and remaining chips.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda. Combine wet and dry mixtures, mixing until just combined.
- Spread half of batter into pan. Slice cream cheese onto batter, distributing evenly over the entire area. Spread rest of batter over the layer of cream cheese.
- Bake at 350 for ~35 minutes.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
This recipe is based off of Fudgy Brownies from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. I've made a few changes to reduce sugar increase yumminess.